Friday, June 15, 2012

Thing #10

Creative Commons allows educators to bring more creativity into their lessons & relate the learning to their students.  By using other materials (videos, pictures, etc.) that gets the students' attention, learners become more engaged and active in the learning.  I think more teachers should be aware of Creative Commons and know that they are not limited as to what they can and can't use in the classroom due to copyright issues.  Teaching students about CC will also allow for more creativity in their projects.  Students and teachers both should take advantage of what is "out there".  Creative Commons allows for creativity to enhance your work.

Stretch
I use CC Search to type in different topics that I would use in my curriculum.   Using Flickr, Google Images and YouTube I can enhance any lesson and engage more students by catering to their different learning styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment